Crossing Cultures with Competence
Training of Trainers Program
This unique training of trainers program is designed for those who are already working with people from other cultures and who want new ideas, new materials and a new level of understanding about how to offer a top-notch cultural orientation. This course will enable you to:
- learn the strategies and techniques you need to offer in-depth and culture-specific cross-cultural orientations
- add cultural skills to your knowledge base
- supplement your existing cross cultural training program
- ease employees’ transition to a new country
Please see our Calendar for upcoming events.
Who should attend?
- A trainer who wants to add cross-cultural skills to your toolbox
- A human resources manager aiming to ease employee’ transitions to a new country and wanting to control quality and cost by keeping the training in-house
- A mental health service provider wanting a new way to promote inter- cultural understanding
- A life or professional coach looking for additional services to offer your clients
- An interculturalist who could use a ready-to-go kit to deliver cultural orientations
An educator who works with international students and scholars and their families…then you’ll find Crossing Cultures with Competence the ideal program. You will learn how to train others to:
- Understand the roots of the cultural differences in their host country, so they can work more productively
- Recognize when they are experiencing culture shock and develop a plan to ease their own transition to a new country
- Learn about their host country’s history, government, economics, demographics and educational and social issues, so they can communicate knowledgeably with host nationals
- Look at their own cultural history and values so they can see how these affect their interactions with others
- And much more
Crossing Cultures with Competence Online
We are pleased to announce that since May 2020 we have been offering the Crossing Cultures with Competence workshop in an online format. We are confident that, using technology and some new approaches, we can deliver the same professional level of training as our in-person workshops. By asking participants to do some self-reflection work before each session, we can use our online time together efficiently. There will even be some advantages, as our whole team of master trainers will participate – three for the price of one! Plus we’ll be able to welcome participants from all over the world, who won’t have to pay for travel.
Please read the details below, then Contact Us if you are interested or have questions. We will set up a time for a brief chat, to ensure that it’s a good match between the workshop and you. Registration deadline: One week prior to start of workshop.
If all this sounds good to you, or if you have questions, please:
Contact us to arrange for a conversation (ideally by telephone or Zoom, but email can work too). Let us know about your intercultural background and how you hope to use the training materials.
Once we both agree that this is a good match for you, please go to our registration page to complete your enrollment including payment.
The cost of the online program is $1495 or $1395 if you register 6 weeks prior to the course starting. Included in this is a $250 non-refundable registration fee. NOTE: Please contact us to confirm registration deadlines.
For in-person trainings the cost of the programme is $1595 or $1495 if you register 6 weeks prior to the course starting. Discounts are available for two people from the same organization attending the training together. Additional discounts are offered if only one training kit is provided to the organization.
Contact us for additional information.
Talk to the team
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
We have given serious thought to this, and don’t want to sacrifice your learning experience in any way. Yes, the virtual training will be different but:
- (a) Because our whole team of master trainers will participate, you will have lots of time for individual questions and planning and will benefit from having a range of expertise to guide you.
- (b) We will keep our online course small, to maintain those connections.
- (c) If you choose, you may attend a future in-person workshop, space permitting, for just the cost of your meals and materials, up to one year after the resumption of our in-person workshops.
We ask participants to plan on spending time prior to each workshop doing pre-work, to use our online time together efficiently. The total number of hours is about the same for both online and in-person training.
Virtual participants will receive the same materials as the in-person workshop participants. They will receive them electronically and will be responsible for printing them prior to the virtual workshop.